Today I put in the last cross-stitches on my fairy! Woohoo! I'm really pleased. (And I found it interesting that I finished stitching the snow at her feet during the 7th anniversary of the October Storm, which dumped two feet of unexpected snow on us and caused all sorts of havoc.) I have been working on her for about three and a half years. I never sewed on her much during the winter months because the light was rarely good enough for me to work on 24 count fabric, so that added considerably to the completion time.
Now I just have to finish all the backstitching and do the beading. I'd like to have it completed by the end of October, but I'm not really sure how long all that will take. Meanwhile, my dear readers, here she is: