Monday, May 23, 2011

Redecorating - 1



















When we moved into our house almost 14 years ago it was bland. Two bedrooms were pale blue and everything else was beige - walls, carpets, draperies. Over the years we've brought color and life into the place. I'm sure the previous owner would be appalled. We've redone every room but one - the master bedroom. That's partly because I'm having such a hard time choosing a color and partly because the room is so full that it will be a major project. Well, over the past week I've at least gotten a start. There's a nice little alcove between the two closets (it's my makeup area) and I've known for a long time what I wanted to do with it. So we took down the huge mirror (that's the brown space in the picture - I guess the previous owners just painted around it) and repainted the space. I chose Valspar's Tangerine Ice, a beautiful metallic gold. You have to paint a similar color base coat first, then two coats of the metallic. I wish the pictures showed the color better, but it's just difficult to show. My clever, artistic daughter painted vines for me to add a little taste of Middle Earth. (We used Lord of the Rings designs for inspiration.) I added an antique family mirror and two ceramic masks that I've had for years. I'm so pleased with the outcome!


PS. Sorry for the blank space at the top here. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment