Saturday, November 2, 2013

Not done yet

At my last Winter Fairy update, I posted that I hoped to have the backstitching done by the end of October.  I should have looked more closely at the pattern!  I've been getting 20-50 minutes of stitching tucked into most days, but still have quite a ways to go.  I didn't realize how involved the wings would be, and hadn't noticed that all the little groupings of green and red on her skirts were joined together by silver backstitching to be holly and berries.  Plus, all the white dots you see on her bodice will be connected by silver backstitch.  And then there is still the beading to do.  Yikes!  So my revised "hope for" date is to be done by Thanksgiving (or over Thanksgiving weekend).  I still really want to have her framed and up before Christmas.  Our dearest friends in the world are flying in from Colorado for Meg's graduation in December, and I want to have this up on the wall by then. 

All that said, I am quite pleased with how she is looking.  I get so caught up in cross-stitching that I forget how much the backstitching adds to the piece.  Take a look and tell me what you think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment