Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 2011 Update







Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here. Most of my free time until the end of September was taken up in prep for ALEP (A Long Expected Party). That's the Lord of the Rings event which Dennis & I attended at the end of Sept-beginning of Oct. It was marevelous, honestly one of the best times we've ever had.

Craftwise, after that I started working on a cross-stitch gift for a friend of mine. However, since she has access to this journal, I haven't posted about it. And, since I have not finished it I'll say no more for now.

I haven't finished the gift because I ran into the time the make my annual gift tag for our office Secret Santa gift. I started doing ornate gift tags about 10 years ago, first 3-d paper ones, then cross-stitch, then adding in beading. It should have been an easy little cross-stitch but turned out to be much more complicated than I planned. First of all, I kept getting lost in the pattern, even though I was marking as I stitched. All those shades of green... Because I had so much trouble with the darned thing, I decided not to do my usual double-sided tag. So when it came time to do the red border I stitched a piece of white felt to the back at the same time. But I wanted a nice finished back, so I took a little piece of holiday fabric and stitched over the whole thing. I also added the gold beaded hanger. In the end, I am quite pleased with the result and I know the person receiving it will like it. Never one to leave a pattern alone, I changed the red border and the candle flames to beads. I like the extra dimension beads add.

Now time to get back to my other stitching - I plan to alternate week-to-week on the gift and my Winter Fairy. Maybe she'll be ready for next winter.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best in the coming New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment