Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!







Christ is Risen!! Allelujah!!!










I just couldn't stop thinking about the idea I had for an Easter banner, so I gave in and made it. We had a half day at work on Friday so I started on it when I got home. Yes, I mean Good Friday. Nothing like the last minute, eh? I worked on it until time for church that night, got most of it measured and cut out. Saturday morning we went to the Chronicles of Narnia exhibit (which is really neat), then I spent the rest of the day - except for grocery shopping, and making dinner - putting it together. I joked with my hubby that I'd have it done in time for bed. Haha, it turned out to be true. I finished it at 10:30 Saturday night. This morning I gave it a quick press and we took it over to church to hang before anyone else was there. I'm very pleased with how it came out, and the reception at church was very enthusiastic. Here are a picture of my original idea and a picture of the finished banner. It's all felt except for the orange part - I saw this shimmery, sheer fabric and thought it would be the perfect way to add a little extra interest. This is it for banners. My next post will be a cross stitch update.

1 comment: